Sika Sustainable Foundation is a solution based, non-profit. This is the charitable arm of the brand that seeks to undertake various social and community outreach projects in Ghana and the rest of Africa via various partnerships, collaborations and a direct contribution from its annual turnover.
Research and Development
Social Impact Projects
CHILD ACUTE MALNUTRITION PREVENTION
Malnutrition prevents almost a fifth of children in Ghana from growing properly. There is no war or famine in Ghana, and the economy is growing, yet malnutrition remains a silent killer that accounts for one-third of all child deaths in the country.
Although mortality rates are slowly starting to come down across the Western African countries, Ghana is struggling with high levels of stunting amongst the population. This is a condition caused by chronic lack of nutrition in pregnancy and early childhood that permanently affects a baby’s mental and physical development.
One in five babies born in Ghana are stunted, which has been calculated to cost the economy $2.6bn (£2bn) a year, about 6.4% of the country’s GDP.
( https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/oct/23/children-malnutrition-ghana-silent-killer )
Sika Moringa Brand will like to pledge 5% of its annual production of its premium organic moringa powder toward combating child acute malnutrition and develop a high calorie therapeutic food (Moringa). These are our proposed projects:
PROJECT 1: SIKA MORINGA MOBILE OUTREACH CLINIC
- Fully equipped Van with lab testing and screening equipment
- Staffed with a doctor, 2 nurses, lab technician and health professional volunteers from Ghana and Abroad
- Development of Community Strategic Partnerships and Collaborations
- Community Health Needs Assessment
This project will be run by volunteers in the health professional field from Ghana and Abroad.
We propose access to the following via our Community based Mobile Health Clinic:
- Lab and screening tests
- Pastoral Care
- Nutrition, Minerals and Vitamins
- Health Educational Campaign
This is based on the concept of empowering the people and helping the community help themselves.
Project 2: SUSTAINABLE ORGANIC FARMING
- Sika Permaculture – A Sustainable Farming and Processing system. This would be a 200 Acre Farm Land Development dedicated to Superfood and Herbal Plants
- Including 50 acres for Contract Farming (60, 000 Moringa Trees)
- We aim to make this a Sustainable Business Model
- Phase 2 Expansion
- This would produce Sika Superfoods (Plant base and herbs) with an associated Store/shop (Health and Wellness)
- Products would include: tea, powder, vegan capsules, seeds, oil, drink, dry leaves and grain
- Nutritional Plants:
- Fonio (Gluten free Grain)
- Asaba (The Miracle Berry)
- Tetrapleura tetraplera
- Banisteriopsis Caapi Leaves
- Dried African Bitter Leaves
- Akuamma (strong natural pain killer)
- Griffonia (5HTP)
- Garcinia Kola (Bitter Kola)
- Croton Membranaceaus
- Voacanga Africana